| Auburn School Department – Vision 2030
“Empowering life-long learners to succeed in an ever changing world.”
• Communicate, collaborate, think critically and flexibly.
• Apply their knowledge to real-life situations.
• Demonstrate the core values of compassion, courage, fairness, honesty, respect and responsibility.
• Recognize learning as an ongoing process.
• Appreciate diversity.
Our educational program:
• Serves the whole child.
• Focuses on student interest, goals and career exploration.
• Is student-centered within a standards-based approach.
• Provides independent, collaborative and community-based learning.
• Is flexible and personalized to maximize every student’s growth.
Our staff members:
• Are model learners and collaborative educational leaders.
• Create safe environments for learning.
• Have high expectations, motivating students to be their best.
• Value reflection and creative thinking.
• Encourage active learning and innovation.
Our community members:
• Actively share the responsibility for students to be career and/or college ready.
• Partner with staff to ensure student success.
• Demonstrate mutual respect.
• Support safe, flexible and appropriate facilities for learning.
• Provide learning opportunities for students outside the school walls.
All Auburn students are supported to graduate with high aspirations, hope for the future, a passion for learning and the capacities to accomplish their dreams.
Auburn is Maine`s 4th largest city with a population of 23,200. Geographically, Auburn is a mere 45 minute drive to pristine snow covered mountains or breathtaking coastal Maine. Excellent financial, medical and higher educational facilities are available in Auburn and Lewiston.