SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHER (BRIDGE PROGRAM)
Sanford School District
- Job ID: 4132000
- Application Deadline:
Posted until Filled
January 24, 2023
- Starting Date:
January 28, 2023
Enter your email to receive job alerts when new jobs like this one are posted.
Are you an out of the box thinker? Do you have a passion for helping students over come obstacles and reached their dreams? Then Sanford School Department has the job for you!! We have a current Middle School opening in our Bridge Program ( Building Resiliency, Integrity, Determination through educational growth) located at Willard School. Our program uses a multi-disciplinary team approach to provide programing for students who have not been successful in a traditional school setting. Our program relies heavily on restorative practices and providing students with the tools needed to take ownership of their educational process/program
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Serve as the student's case manager: insuring legal compliance with federal and state special education regulations as it pertains to IEP development, written notices and other required paperwork
- Complete quarterly assessments of progress towards the IEP goals
- Present information about the student's progress and present level of performance
- Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities that reflect an understanding of different learning styles and needs
- Supervise assignments for educational technicians
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the social and emotional development of the students
- Manage student behavior effectively
Salary and benefits will be in accordance with the negotiated collective bargaining agreement for teachers.
Special Education > Emotionally Disabled
- Position Type: Full-time
- Positions Available: 1
Special Education > General Special Education
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sanford School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
- The Bridge program is seeking applicants who carry a 282 Maine teaching certificate, or are eligible for certification through the Department of Education. Qualities needed for this position: flexibility, good communication skills, ability to give and receive feedback, ability to work within a team model.
CHRC Background Check (Finger printing)
Replaces post #4100484
- Citizenship, residency or work VISA in United States required
Thank you for your interest in the Sanford School Department. Please complete the SchoolSpring application in its entirety.
This employer has requested that all applicants answer the following questions. It is highly recommended that you type any essays in a word processing program, save them, and then paste them on the proceeding job application page.
Please describe a specific class or class activity you planned and actually conducted which illustrates your philosophy of teaching and is the best example of your teaching skills. What evidence showed you that this class or activity was successful in terms of student motivation and achievement?
(Answer limited to 4000 characters, including spaces)
Please account for and explain any gaps in employment during the past ten years.
(Answer limited to 200 characters, including spaces)
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.