EDUCATION TECHNICIAN II ELL AND SPECIAL EDUCATION
Park Avenue Elementary School
Auburn School Department
- Job ID: 3727986
- Application Deadline:
Posted until Filled
November 23, 2021
- Starting Date:
Enter your email to receive job alerts when new jobs like this one are posted.
JOB GOAL: To assist the teacher with appropriate classroom activities and environment in order that students may learn effectively
PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES - GENERAL:
1. Reviews and reinforces learning previously introduced by the teacher or appropriate content specialist.
2. Assists in drill and practice activities.
3. Performs non-instructional functions.
4. Assists in the preparation of instructional materials.
5. Assists with classroom management functions.
6. Introduces new learning pre-planned in collaboration with the classroom teacher or appropriate content specialist.
7. Performs such other tasks and assumes such other responsibilities as may from time to time be assigned by the supervisor.
Benefit package includes: 6 college course reimbursement, 16 sick days HEALTH INS 87 % single health care covered, plus single cost maybe applied to Family, Two Adults or Adult W Children plan.
Instructional Support > Paraprofessional / IA
- Position Type: Full-time
- Positions Available: 3
$18,844 to $24,700 Per Year
Auburn School Department – Vision 2030
“Empowering life-long learners to succeed in an ever changing world.”
• Communicate, collaborate, think critically and flexibly.
• Apply their knowledge to real-life situations.
• Demonstrate the core values of compassion, courage, fairness, honesty, respect and responsibility.
• Recognize learning as an ongoing process.
• Appreciate diversity.
Our educational program:
• Serves the whole child.
• Focuses on student interest, goals and career exploration.
• Is student-centered within a standards-based approach.
• Provides independent, collaborative and community-based learning.
• Is flexible and personalized to maximize every student’s growth.
Our staff members:
• Are model learners and collaborative educational leaders.
• Create safe environments for learning.
• Have high expectations, motivating students to be their best.
• Value reflection and creative thinking.
• Encourage active learning and innovation.
Our community members:
• Actively share the responsibility for students to be career and/or college ready.
• Partner with staff to ensure student success.
• Demonstrate mutual respect.
• Support safe, flexible and appropriate facilities for learning.
• Provide learning opportunities for students outside the school walls.
All Auburn students are supported to graduate with high aspirations, hope for the future, a passion for learning and the capacities to accomplish their dreams.
Auburn is Maine`s 4th largest city with a population of 23,200. Geographically, Auburn is a mere 45 minute drive to pristine snow covered mountains or breathtaking coastal Maine. Excellent financial, medical and higher educational facilities are available in Auburn and Lewiston.
Learn more about us...
The vision of Park Avenue Elementary School is for students to become critical
thinkers, with the knowledge and skills to become responsible citizens. They will
be empowered to be life-long learners in our richly diverse society.
The mission of Park Avenue Elementary School is to provide a quality
educational program for all students in a challenging and secure environment.
We, as professional and caring educators, in a partnership with our families and
community, will provide a relevant, integrated curriculum that addresses the
needs of the whole child.
We believe that …
• Every child is capable of learning.
• Education is the shared responsibility of home, school, and community.
• All members of our school community will act ethically and with integrity.
• Everyone will be treated with courtesy and respect, accepting differences
and celebrating uniqueness.
• The Core Values of Respect, Compassion, Fairness, Responsibility,
Courage, and Honesty are the foundation for life-long learning and
Learn more about us...
Equal Opportunity Employer
Auburn School Department is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
- CHRC Fingerprint and Maine Ed Tech certification
- No experience required
- Associate degree preferred
- Citizenship, residency or work VISA in United States required
Please respond to all of the following application questions. Answers to the following are REQUIRED to process your application with the Auburn School Department.
To apply for Education Technician certification, please visit the Department of Education web site. https://www.maine.gov/doe/home
This employer has requested that all applicants answer the following questions. It is highly recommended that you type any essays in a word processing program, save them, and then paste them on the proceeding job application page.
Please list any training, skills, or language proficiency that would improve your candidacy for desired position(s):
(Answer limited to 4000 characters, including spaces)
Do you currently hold a valid Educational Technician Certificate? (This is not required to apply for these positions, however, ET's must have the certification prior to beginning work)
A CHRC (Criminal History Record Check) must be completed prior to beginning work. The fee is $70 for 5 year certificate. This is completed through the Department of Education. We will assist you in this process, if necessary. Have you had your fingerprints done for the CHRC?
I affirm that all information set forth in this application is accurate, truthful and complete. If I am employed by Auburn School Department, I will abide by all Department of Education and school policies, work on assigned committees, and continue my professional growth to the best of my ability and within reasonable and personal standards. I grant permission for school officials to obtain a personal record check from federal, state, county, and/or local agency, including law enforcement agencies and Division of Family Services; also a credit history check may be made. I release individuals listed as references and current or former employers from any liability for information given in response to a request for an employment reference. I understand that I may be required to take a drug test and physical exam prior to assuming any position for which I may be employed. In the event that I am employed by the District and in the further event that I have provided false or misleading information in this application or in subsequent employment interviews, I understand that my employment may be terminated at any time after the discovery of the false or misleading information.
Multiple Choice / Multiple Answers
- I agree with the above statement, please give my application consideration.
- I DO Not agree and understand I will not be considered for a position in Auburn.
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.